1. Travel can help improve your problem-solving skills.
2. One out of eight jobs in the U.S. depends on travel and tourism.
3. Taking a vacation can lower your risk of heart disease.
4. Studies show that money spent on travel makes you happier than money spent on material goods.
5. Benefits of travel are almost immediate. After only a day or two, 89% of people experience significant drops in stress.
6. Travel has been shown to help aid those suffering from depression.
7. And travel has been shown to promote overall brain health.
8. Couples who travel together have reported increased feelings of intimacy.
9. The U.S. is the only developed country in the world without a single legally required paid vacation day or holiday.
10. Travel can make you more creative.
11. Travel can also make you smarter.
12. Honolulu is the only place in the U.S. that has a royal palace.
13. Monaco is smaller than Central Park in New York City.
14. The U.S. has the largest number of citizens behind bars.
15. Hartsfield-Jackson Airport in Atlanta is the world’s busiest airport.
16. There are 61,000 people in the air over the U.S. at any given time on any given day.
17. That’s probably because 1/3 of the world’s airports are located in the U.S.
18. The largest hotel pool in America is at Miami’s Biltmore Hotel – check out a video of it here. The San Alfonso del Mar resort in Chile has the world’s largest swimming pool. It holds 66 million gallons.
19. Las Vegas, Nevada has the most hotel rooms of any city in the world.
20. The longest flight in the world is from Sydney to Dallas. It lasts around 16 hours and covers approximately 8,500 miles.
21. The largest hotel in America is the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, which is the second largest hotel in America (right after the Izmailovo Hotel in Moscow, which has 7,500 rooms). The MGM has 6,852 rooms and stands 30-stories high above the Vegas strip.
22. The most expensive hotel room in America is the $40,000 Ty Warner Penthouse Suite at The Four Seasons Hotel in NYC. The most expensive in the world costs more than double at $83,200 a night at the Royal Penthouse Suite in Geneva at Hotel President Wilson.
What inspires you to travel? Let us know in the comments section below!