8 Largest Cruise Ships
While bigger isn’t always better, I definitely prefer to go on one of the largest ships in the world because everything is on a grander scale. Larger ships have more activities, more things to do, more dining options, and more fun! So here’s my countdown to the world’s largest cruise ships:
8. Explorer of the Sea (Royal Caribbean) -2000- This 15 deck oasis is home to an array of innovations that give you whatever type of vacation you desire. Climb a rock wall that overlooks the sea, or find your adventure on the basketball court, ice-skating rink or mini-golf course. If it’s zen you seek, achieve it poolside or at the relaxing Vitality Spa. Liven up your nights on the Royal Promenade, with parades,dancing, and duty-free shopping deals.
7. -tie- MSC Splendida (MSC Cruises) -2009- MSC Cruises has laid out a 6-star service for highly-demanding guests who enjoy the pleasures of life with the MSC Yacht Club, a VIP area complete with 71 spacious suites and 24 hour butler service. In theTop Sail Lounge, with its Skydome, guests may also delight their palate under a dome of sparkling stars. Luxury cruising at it’s finest. Guests may partake in the spa with its highly-trained staff. In the spa, MSC Cruises combines the magic of Balinese massage with the traditional well-being that comes from water treatments, a legacy from ancient Roman times. Saunas, Turkish bath, solarium, relaxation room, thalassotherapy, massage room, whirlpool – guests may make use of all facilities in a relaxing and pleasant environment. For those seeking more sporty activities, there is a sun-kissed exercise room suspended above water. Every area was designed in order to re-balance the body’s harmony and let inner beauty shine through.Eswim through 4 swimming pools, experience a squash court, the possibility of living the thrills of Formula 1 through a simulator, and so much more.
7. -tie- MSC Fantasia (MSC Cruises) -2008- For the very first time on a ship, guests can walk on Swarovski crystal stairs (wow, knowing how expensive a Swarovski phone case is, I can only imagine what this must have cost them!). A transparent ceiling allows passengers to experience all the magic of sailing as they gaze at the starlit skies. With 27,000 m2 of public space, including the luxury spa, 5 restaurants, 4 swimming pools, 12 hydro-massage pools, coffee bars, shops, a children’s area, a Formula 1 simulator and an interactive 4-D cinema, you can truly rediscover yourself as you relax into your holiday. Pay a little more to take part in the MSC Yacht Club, this ship is truly extraordinary.
6. -tie- Mariner of the Seas (Royal Caribbean) -2003- Climb arock wall that overlooks the sea, or challenge yourself on the basketball court, ice-skating rink or mini-golf course. Take part in parades, dancing, and incredible shopping deals.
6. -tie- Navigator of the Seas (Royal Caribbean) -2002- 15 decks of fun lenty of time left for relaxation, fine dining, and beautiful ocean views. The incredible ship is home to an array of innovations that give you whatever type of vacation you desire. Climb a rock wall that overlooks the sea, or challenge yourself on the basketball court, ice-skating rink or mini-golf course. Achieve perfect zen, poolside or at the relaxing spa. Liven up your nights on the Royal Promenade, with parades, dancing, and duty-free shopping deals.
5. MSC Divina (MSC Cruises) -2012- This brand new state of the art cruise ship offers an infinity pool, a beach zone, a nice lounge, a sports club, an entertainment complex, shopping, and all of the unexpected comforts of the 21st century.
4. RMS Queen Mary 2 (Cunard Line) -2004- AKA QM2, this luxury liner is perfect for everyone, but most notably adults. Relax and rejuvenate in The Canyon Ranch Spa Club, go to the nightclub, go for tea time, and have the time of your life!
3. -tie- Independence of The Seas (Royal Caribbean) -2008- A crew of 1,360 is eager to serve YOU. Experience the FlowRider® surf simulator, a rock climbing wall, ice-skating rink, cantilevered whirlpools, Royal Promenade, mini golf course, and much more. It’s your most incredible vacation yet!
3. -tie- Liberty of The Seas (Royal Caribbean) -2007- Recently renovated, this incredible ship allows one to see The DreamWorks characters, the broadway musical Saturday Night Fever, it has a 3D theater, outdoor movie screen, rock-climbing wall, ice-skating rink, Royal Promenade, cantilevered whirlpools, mini golf course, and so much more.
3. -tie- Freedom of the Seas (Royal Caribbean) -2006- Meet Shrek, experience the 3D theater, the outdoor movie screen, see the artwork, practice your surfing with the FlowRider Surf Simulator, rock climbing wall, ice-skating rink, Royal Promenade, cantilevered whirlpools, mini golf course, H2O Zone water park, and so much more.
2. Norwegian Epic (Norwegian Cruise Line) -2010- Experience “Norwegian Cruise Line’s newest, largest and most innovative cruise ship ever.” See The Blue Man Group at sea, choose from 20 different dining options, experience the only ice bar at sea, let the kids play on the climbing wall, teens will love the disco and kids will those the kid’s center. Meet spongebob and play in the onboard water park.
1. -tie- Oasis of The Sea (Royal Caribbean) -2010- Very similar to the Allure of the seas, this ships features the brad way hit Hairspray.
1. -tie- Allure of The Sea (Royal Caribbean) -2011- With 16 decks, a crew of 2,384, 25 dining options (including the first-ever Starbucks at sea!), a FlowRider surf simulator, it’s very own broadway show – Chicago, Dreamworks characters, a carousel, acrobats, and a zip line, you’re sure not to get board aboard the world’s largest cruise ship. It’s Royal Caribbean’s “newest, most revolutionary ship yet.”