Stay up to date with new attraction openings, holidays, and special events. Are we going to be in the same city at the same time? Then let’s meet up! I love meeting other travelers! Get inspired and check out the list of trips I have planned:
- June- I’ll be visiting Las Vegas for the third time. This expansive, highly developed, tourist dream land is among my favorite places in the country, I have always dreamed of living here!
- Many new roller coaster’s will be opening at U.S, theme parks throughout this year, check them out The About.com 2013 roller coaster guide.
- I’m going on another road trip across America, visiting California, Texas, Pheonix and much more. Look for many website updates this Summer!
- July- July 4 is Independence Day, go see your local firework celebration and be sure to eat tons of hamburgers and hot dogs.
- September- September 3 is Labor Day, many people consider it to be the last day of Summer, this is when many outdoor pools close for the winter and it’s also a time to put up your white clothes!
- October- October 31 is Halloween but countless Halloween events go on throughout the month, many even last throughout the month of September. You can find a haunted house near you by visiting HauntWorld.com.
- Here’s my list of the best theme park Halloween events:
- Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Orlando, FL
- Knott’s Scary Farm at Knott’s Berry Farm, Los Angeles, CA
- Phantom Fright Nights at Kennywood Pittsburgh, PA
- Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Hollywood, CA
- Howl O Scream at Busch Gardens Africa, Tampa, FL
- Howl O Scream at Busch Gardens Europe, Williamsburg, VA
- Halloween Haunt at Kings Island, Cincinnati, OH
- HalloWeekends at Cedar Point Sandusky, OH
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at the Magic Kingdom, Orlando, FL
- Fright Fest at Six Flags Great Adventure Jackson, NJ
- November- November 21 is Thanksgiving, see the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade live in New York City or stay warm, at home, and watch it with the family! Don’t forget to spend a portion of your Thanksgiving mapping out your Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving), when prices are said to be at an annual low. Be the first one there to get all the door busters; a new trend has started over the past few years, where stores like Bestbuy (some stores and restaurants even open on Thanksgiving Day, such as Cracker Barrel, iHop, and Golden Corral) open at midnight, causing even more crowds to line up on Thanksgiving day. Planning on waiting in line for a great deal? Before you spend your Thanksgiving out in the cold, be sure that you are actually getting something you truly want at the absolute lowest price. Be prepared for the fights that may break out, these bargain hunters can be very dangerous!
- December- From December 11-27th I will be visiting Europe for the first time! Read all about what I have planned here!
- December 25 is Christmas day! Spend the day at home with your family, opening presents, and eating well or tell your kids that they will be getting a trip this year, instead of presents. Do something different this Christmas!
- December 31 is New Years Eve, go out and party the night away… or sit at home and worry about your New Years Revolution! Many celebrities host major events tonight;Kim Kardashian, for example, typically hosts a New Years Party in Las Vegas.
- In April I will leave Tennessee and do the “study abroad” (technically it’s in the US but you get the point!) program in Las Vegas. I will be living in Las Vegas from April – August 2014. I plan on taking many weekend trips to California, the GRand Canyon, Seattle, Phoenix, etc… and seeing the entire West Coast as much as I can. Then in mid-August I will move away from Las Vegas and spend the Fall in New York City! I will be in NYC from mid-Fall to Early December. Feel free to let me know if you would like to meet up! I plan on taking many day trips to places like Atlantic City, Washington, DC, Boston, Williamsburg, Philadelphia, etc… So both places will give me a good feel of how I like living in those cities and then I will know which I want to live in once I graduate.
- In April 2015 I will graduate with an Entrepreneurship degree and move away shortly after. The exact location is yet top be determined (probably either Las Vegas or NYC).