1. Let’s start with the basics. If you’re jet-lagged, you’ve probably consumed your own weight in coffee, and to no effect.
2. Your watch, phone, and computer all show different times, and you don’t know who to believe. Your body clock, of course, is of no help.
5. And eventually, no matter where you are or what you’re doing, you straight-up fall asleep.
7. On the other hand, when you’re up and trying to fall asleep, no pill is strong enough to do the job.
9. You never have any idea whether you’re hungry or not, and you have no idea what meal you want.
It’s 4 a.m., so…time for lunch?
11. And you have a strong urge to rage at bizarre times too.
13. And you look like shit 100% of the time.
16. Since you can’t sleep through the night, you’ve improvised strange ways to stay entertained while the rest of the house sleeps.
17. Or you’re online all night, chatting with people on the other side of the globe.
18. And you’ve caught up on every episode of every TV show you could possibly get access to.
19. At some point, your sleep-deprived brain starts asking stupid questions, like: “Why do we need time zones anyway?”
“I mean, what is time, really?”
20. Everyone you meet has their own expert opinion on jet lag and how to alleviate it.
21. But any attempt to will your body into submission just makes it a thousand times worse.
22. After too many days of this struggle, if you’re lucky, it’ll go away on its own and the world will finally start to make sense again…
23. And then you always have your return trip to look forward to, when you’ll get to do it all again.